Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring In Durango

Downhill skiing at DMR. It was about 50 degrees and mostly sunny.
Jack, Anne, Emma and I hit the the slopes yesterday. Spring like conditions but still a good time. (we acquired 5 free passes from a friend)

Fun ski area, not the biggest in the west but it's mtn. skiing. The chairlifts were really fast which is always a plus!






Cruising down Hermosa Parkway....

Emma, with great mtn. views in the back ground.



Meanwhile back in town, the mountain bike trails are almost completely dry, and the riding's been great. Summer below in Horse Gulch


Durango is interesting, it's like two different world's up at the mtn. and in town!
Last weekend I made it up to Molas Pass for some crust cruisin on the nordie's!
It was a blast. Some tele, some jumps. Reminded me of Kabakona last spring with Jay.... it was just 20 times as big!
I have some video and pics and I'll try to get them on later this week.
Also just wanted to say thanks to anyone who did anything to support my ski racing last season.
It was a blast! Now figuring out what to do next year... ahh it's hard.



1 comment:

Jay Richards said...

I was thinking about KK this week after the big dump. I wonder if anyone from Bemidge burned it up. Take care.