Monday, May 9, 2011

May is Here...

Sunny evening and Jack and I started tackling the roof! Lars opted for a mountain bike ride.
We have been quite busy with other things (mainly Jack and Lars working in Cross Lake and myself spring cleaning daily at Bayside Resort with Terri)
The weather had also been a factor and we seemed to reapply tar paper 4 times with all the spring wind! Not fun to arrive at the house and see your day before work all over the ground...Staples don't cut it!

Great strength workout with getting shingles up to the roof! Looks easy but it is heavy and awkward!


power nailer has a mind of its own with me, It goes nice and quick when i get the hang of it!

We take breaks from nailing and haul more shingles... 
Beautiful evening and the frogs were CRAZY 







We moved from the cabin as they have summer folks coming in. We have a place to stay at friends of ours who leave there house for the summer and stay at a nearby church camp. It is fully furnished and close to town...Hopefully here only a couple months! A definite answer to prayer as it came on sudden!



BSU graduation for Kari this past week!
SHE DID IT!!!  It was a tough year with many projects due, she had taken summer classes to keep the load light for this semester but the 3 classes were a lot!


Held in the beautiful new Sanford Center in Bemidji with plenty of seating! 

 Sheena and Kari, They have been through the past four years together and lived together the last 2.
Great job girlies! You be done!

 Kari and boyfriend Tate


Family


can you pick them out in the crowd?

Proud Dad!


Woohoo!!!!!



We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Sparkling Waters restaurant, VERY yummy food and Tate's family owns this place.



Saturday brought us to Prom...Summer heading to this event.
A bunch of Hoopla and we were trying to do it on a budget! Found a great deal on a dress and Summer was doing her own hair and all the trimmings.

We went to Grand March which seems to be the town event of the weekend (a bit strange to me!)
All week long when i asked what people were up to for the weekend they could not make plans because it was 'Prom weekend' 
It even seemed to trump Mothers Day for some!
 grand march we sitting far away, i am waiting for the Prom mamas to share pics with me!


Pre Prom pic with Summer and friends...I know the girls...Katherine,Summer,Shelby, and Lydia and I only know Summer went with a friend, Paul Prenevost.




Prom, post prom complete with a lock in and games, food prizes had them all out til 5am!
We opted to get up and head to Grandmas for Mothers Day!!!

Well, not with out a quick stop at Hillside Park in Elk River for some Mountain biking action!
Lars Jack and I were trying to get a jump on the season and heard the single track is sweet!

What better way to spend Mothers Day!!!

I am on my Bike!!!

And with this guy along!


Recreational for us today! One lap on some sahweet single track!


OMG, I am in the middle of an intense program for an Olympic distance Triathlon i am doing on June 5th and coming off a very hard week. 10 mile run and 30 mile bike the days before this, so I just wanted to ride for fun!
The price was $10 bucks and it was a very fun low key event!

Lars worked on his bike the night before making one to many changes and had to use my back wheel to get his chain to work, I seem to have ok shifting so went with it.
Out on course the shifting did not work for Lars so he changed from racing to an awesome easy ride for the day sticking to only 1 ring.

Mine shifted fine for the first 20 minutes and my single track skills were quickly tapped into, I kept thinking Maplelag on the technical and reviewing the Ned Overend video I came across in Durango on the switchbacks! it was fast fun and a great threshold pace! 
I actually was having a great time out there thinking  ' THIS is the way to spend Mothers Day!'

Glad Lars and Jack were up for it and Emma was enjoying the camera! 
We had a few sprinkle but the trails stayed tacky and I really want to ride there again!

Jack and Lars rode for awhile and we took off soon after my finish to head to Aldas and lunch!!

I had made a chicken tortilla soup with cornbread and salad and we enjoyed our time together!







What a lovely Mama! 




No comments: