
Dynamite blast and sticks flying!
What great temps and snow this year and the rain held off til Monday to keep it good!
This year Summer skied the 13K with Emma and that was a good sister thing to do. Emma has not skied like last year with all the cold temps so she was in the stop at the blueberry soup stand and enjoy the view!
We parked Grandma at a cafe on Main Street and she had a front row seat to the finish line. She of course made a few friends well she watched the race. We have been making this an annual family event for 9 or 10 years now.
Jack was happy with his race 36th overall and 9th in his age group. He was in a nice pack and felt good. He said it was a lot of work to pull but he took a few turns. He was impressed with this one guy who had only 1 pole! It turns out the guy gave his pole to Sara Morse who ended up taking 2nd women...Nice guy!
I was not sure how I felt ...like I did not start hard enough i guess the wind was out of the south and a push to go into it. The pack I was pulling had a few guys in it that I am used to beating and that was bugging me. I tried to pull away but would get reeled in nd it took to much effort. I pulled over a few times to get someone to take the front. George Odio being the only help there..... If someone else did lead it was a slow down pace and not good. I was worried across the lake as I knew it would be a sprint down main! After the last 28K I felt I deserved it! Jon Shorter came along on my right down main and I thought I can take him...All of the sudden he comes into my 'lane' and bobbles in front of me, I move over to the right and he crosses the line 4/10th of a second ahead of me... I did not understand the cut off as his lane was open and it was a good sprint going.... I hope this weekend I can set things straight at Finlandia!
Oh well, he beat another age grouper and was thrilled about that! (it's the guy in red!)
Another dala horse on the shelf for that effort
The temps were good they day was a thrill and it is always so fun to hear the stories!
We saw Wynn,Conrad and the family before the start and they were ready to go..
Wynn took 5th in the 58K his legs cramoing up but skiing great, and Conrad in 3rd for the 35K!He is skiing strong and should be ready at State!
Had a chance to stay over at Aldas and see my family Monday-
Took my sister Patti out to get her hair done and just spend the morning together. She was quite depressed and needed to get away from her housemates. She had literally not been out for almost 8 weeks. I do not know how they do it and i wish I lived closer to get her out more often...Not good for anyone!
Also saw my sisters Sue and Sarah, we met dad at Davannis on Lyndale(dads home away from home) He was looking good and doing well....of course sisters get chatting and dad just raises the eyebrows in surprise at the going ons of our lives...kids these days!
Here's the guy responsible for the 12 kids and can find you a used car that is worth the price.
He still does the selling of used cars for Jim Lupient and can be spotted at the auction every week making the rounds.
State Meet ...that comes up here Friday. We head to Giants Ridge tomorrow to preview the course.
With all the rain it has been a dismal week of skiing! Yesterday we sunk in about 6 inches with every step...way to ruin the trails that way, so we headed to the lake...No better...We thought Heartland trail and snowmobiles packing that down would be better but we just skied,stumbled ( i did a nice face plant) and laughed so much!
Jack actually took Summer up to Buena Vista here today to see if the downhill area is any good. John Schupp tagging along for that trip...I hope it goes o.k.-Oh well a stop at Dunn Bros might make it worth the trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment